Subject: Re: Multia repair
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/07/1998 21:47:58
[ On Sun, June 7, 1998 at 13:18:04 (PDT), David Seifert wrote: ]
> Subject: Multia repair
>
> Hitting E215 (74F623D) with freeze spray works wonders.  I'm guessing
> this part doesn't get much cooling due to its location and slowly fries
> itself.

That chip definitely has a distinct hint of browning at the centre in
both my dead Multias.

Are you saying though that you did not have any problems with *any* of
the resistor packs?

If so then that should give me enough initiative to order a couple of
those chips too and see what I can do (they're much more readily
available than the 20-pin resitory networks).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>