Subject: Re: multia ide drives
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/21/1998 11:26:50
> I tried, and had no luck. Perhaps just tweaking that one bit in
> the I/O chip register would do the trick. Isn't there any hardware
> documentation from DEC on how the darn thing works? If there's any
> support at all in DU, we could perhaps have a quick look at the
> source....

That Super I/O chip is a standard part, not manufactured by Digital
(and used in lots of PCs!).  If you want documentation on how it
works, go get the documentation from its manufacturer.

Also, as far as I know, the Multia/UDB has been considered dead since
before SRM and Digital UNIX supported IDE, so i doubt much would have
been done to make IDE work on the Multia.  (I know that there's at
least some support it Digital UNIX now for IDE on non-Multia systems,
for ATAPI devices at least, but I don't know if it's intended to work
on the Multia, a dead platform.)

cgd
(Not speaking for Digital.)