Subject: Re: multia ide drives
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/21/1998 13:41:35
At 12:33 PM 5/21/98 , Curt Sampson wrote:
>On Wed, 20 May 1998, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
>
>> I wonder if it's possible to isacfg it into doing the right thing...
>> but people said they tried that, right?
>
>I tried, and had no luck. Perhaps just tweaking that one bit in
>the I/O chip register would do the trick. Isn't there any hardware
>documentation from DEC on how the darn thing works? If there's any
>support at all in DU, we could perhaps have a quick look at the
>source....

DU doesn't support it.  The NS83712 is almost undoubtably coming up
with the IDE disabled.  It would be an easy fix to dec_eb64.c to
to tweak the configuration register to enable the primary controller.
I'd grab the 82712 datasheet from www.nationalsemi.com and start
hacking.
Nashua, NH                Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message