Subject: Re: strip foo; strip foo
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/13/1998 20:40:02
> > kasparov [jlam] -> strip hello
> > strip: hello: section `.note': error in private data: Memory exhausted
>
> Had you already recompiled and installed the toolchain source at this
> point?  If so, you should unpack the toolchain binary archive again,
> delete the previously downloaded source code, and get the new source
> code from the 19980420 snapshot.

I'm a little confused by what you'd like me to do.  What I had done
was upgraded a 1.3 system to the 19980419 snapshot by untarring the
snapshot distfiles (with the appropriate flags).  I had untarred the
toolchain binary archive from the 1.3 distribution when I originally
installed NetBSD, but not the toolchain source archive.

Are you saying that I should get the toolchain source tarball from the
NetBSD-1.3 and compile that?

Thanks,
--
   Johnny C. Lam