Subject: AXPpci33 Install floppy panic
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/05/1998 00:48:15
I keep getting a panic when the NetBSD/alpha 1.3 install floppy
appears to detect a second (non-existent) vga card in my AXPpci33. Is
this possibly related to a "**mouse error**" message on the monitor right
after "initializing keyboard", or is something else broken?

BTW, I get the mouse error message whether or not I've got the mouse
plugged in to the first serial port.

I've got the "Common Console X4.5-2720 built on Mar 28 1996" loaded.
This was from DEC's firmware upgrade V1.5. Which brings me to another
(two-part) question: How do I switch back to the ARC console to upgrade
the firmware again (if I need to)? Failing that, how would I upgrade the
firmware from the SRM console??

Any thoughts...??

TIA
Stan