Subject: Re: AS2000 5/300
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Dave Cherkus <cherkus@unimaster.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/04/1998 20:27:31
Wilko Bulte wrote:

> AFAIK the AS2100 is the Sable, AS2000 might be the same. There is also a
> 2100A, called the Lynx. Lynx is PCI only I think, at least it has much more
> PCI slots as the Sable. You could board upgrade a Sable to a Lynx (I 've
> done that once)

Actually, AS2000 == demi-sable.

It's basically a re-packaged sable.  Some of the parts that were on an
expansion board on the sable are now on the mainboard in the demi-sable.
It has less slots for memory and cpu upgrades, and less capable power
supplies, and a somewhat smaller enclosure.  The idea was to reduce
cost but I wonder if they ever sold enough of them to recoup the
engineering dollars.

Dave