Subject: Re: AS2000 5/300
To: Dante Profeta <dante@mclink.it>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/03/1998 11:16:51
On Sun, 03 May 1998 20:23:23 +0100
 Dante Profeta <dante@mclink.it> wrote:

 > > What is the AlphaServer 2000 hardware like?
 >
 > These should be the specifications:
 >
 > AlphaServer			2000 5/300
 > No. of processors		2
 > Alpha CPU/Clock speed		21064/275 MHz
 > Cache size on chip		8 KB I-cache, 8 KB D-cache
 > On board cache(per processor)	4 MB
 > I/O support			3 PCI slots, 7 EISA slots

Ah, this is one of the wacky "cbus" machines... They way they do DMA
is interesting... I believe they use an Intel EISA DMA controller for
PCI DMA, and do DMA chaining by interrupt-reload-continue.

I think this is the "Sable" systype... There's a lot of code that would
need to be written, unfortunately :(