Subject: Re: AXPci33 at 200Mhz [WAS:Re: Trouble booting on Multia]
To: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/23/1998 01:22:22
At 01:06 AM 4/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Wilko Bulte wrote:
>> <<snip>>
>> > woowoo, i love my axppci33 (166) here... as a boon it
>> > runs great at 200mhz as well... not that this is really much added
>> > speed...
>>
>> Indeed, works great at 200Mc here. Did not want to do 233 though ;-)
>>

>Now I'm curious: what jumper combination did you use to get 200Mhz? The
>manual shows 166Mhz and 233Mhz, but 200 is conspicous by its absence....

jumper for the axppci33 or the multia/udb?
they are different main boards...

for the axppci33 here are the jumper settings for cpu speed:

Frequency	Pin 1-2	Pin 3-4	Pin 5-6
---------	-------	-------	-------
66		out		out		out
100		out		out		in
133		out		in		out
166		out		in		in
200		in		out		out
233		in		out		in
266		in		in		out
300		in		in		in

be ware what you call Pin 1-2, your motherboard
orientation may be misleading

>> > btw, dont overclock unless you are willing to accept the
>> > consequences!
>>
>> Hm, who cares.
>
>I gather a fan on the alpha heat sink would help????
>
>Stan

in my opinion it would, but even if you could keep the
cpu optimally cool it doesnt mean that a 166mhz cpu would
run at 300mhz

have fun
nick maniscalco
nmanisca@vt.edu