Subject: Re: Trouble booting on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/23/1998 01:15:16
[ On Tue, April 21, 1998 at 18:14:46 (-0700), Tim Rightnour wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Trouble booting on Multia
>
> On 21-Apr-98 jack@jupiter.com spoke unto us all:
> #
> # Based on what I've heard already, I guess I'd better get specific.
> # The RPs in question are all 4.7K pullups.  The numbers on the silkscreen are:
> #
> # E221, E222, E226, E227, E228, and E233
> #
> # The parts that we have seen that are bad, and it is bad parts, are all marked
> #
> #    ---------------
> #   | 4820P-002     |
> #   | -472          |
> #   | xB 9435 B     |
> #    ---------------

The resistor packs in one of my dead multias have date codes of "9442 B".

> # Remember that there are several different models of Mulitas.  Ours are 166MHz
> # ones, with a PCB number of 5022554-01 D1.
>
> Yep.  mine too.

ditto....

Unfortunately I can't find replacement restistor packs, nor the
74ABT623, in my Canadian. Digi-Key, Electrosonic, or Future-Active
catalogues, nor in the on-line digi-key catalogue.  Electrosonic's
on-line catalogue is still useless for searching.

The only resister packs listed in the 4800 series are 4814- and 4816-.

Unfortunately there's no 74ABT version of the 74F623 on the NS/Farchild
WWW page either.

I'll check around at one of my client's (an electronics R&D firm)
tomorrow for more sources.... but any other hints would be appreciated!

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>