Subject: Re: Unusable console
To: Shane B <that1guy@azstarnet.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/15/1998 13:03:42
On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:52:20 -0700 (MST)
 Shane B <that1guy@azstarnet.com> wrote:

 > Using "sun" does nothing much for me either, scrolling does not work
 > properly.

Defined "does not work properly".  If it skips 10 lines when it reaches
the bottom of the screen, it's doing what is intended by the code.

FWIW, it looks like we'll be switching to new console code fairly soon
on the Alpha port, which will mark a dramatic improvement in NetBSD/alpha's
display console handling.

 > I'm also interested in how I change the character size and screen
 > dimensions.  I've played with stty a bit, but my characters are still
 > huge.  Any suggestions?

The characters are "huge" because it's using the Gallant 19 font.  Currently,
there is no way to change the font without compiling in a new one.