Subject: Re: Netscape on Alpha
To: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/07/1998 11:11:45
At 07:42 AM 4/7/98 -0500, John C. Hayward wrote:
>Dear Alpha People,
>   There is effort in getting a native version of Netscape on NetBSD on
>some ports.  Is anybody making a Alpha version?  Are there some 64-32 bit
>problems and is lessit(sp) reasonable to run on Alphas?

Well, I'm working on it.

I took the patches that were posted to one of these lists a few days ago and
applied them. Then I tried to do a build, but got a pile of errors (no, I
don't have them handy, sorry).

I just got lesstif built before I went to bed last night.

If anybody else has any patches, feel free to swing them my way. I'll do the
same, obviously.

I'm not expecting many 32->64 bit problems due to NS working on OSF/1. Could
be some, but hopefully not many.

BTW, I'm using GNU make to do builds. I assume that's correct, as our make
bails totally.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/