Subject: Multia disk recommendation requested
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/29/1998 17:52:50
Dear NetBSDers,
   Which external scsi disk work best with the Multia-166 under NetBSD?

   I have a Multia-166 which I have run NetBSD on.  The system came with
a small (240MB?) internal drive and no PCI connector.  From comments I
have seen on the list the Multia's do better without the internal drive.
I have had the PCI connector installed so I can set this machine up
as a router between my home lan and the ADSL internet connection (I am
presently using a I386 NetBSD box to do this).  I also plan to do some
regular work on the machine as well.  For this I need an external disk.

    I believe the Multia is a fast wide scsi interace and that there have
been problems with some IBM scsi drives (at least in the past).

    TIA for warnings, pointers and recommendations.

johnh...