Subject: Re: gcc 2.8.1 on netbsd-1.3/alpha
To: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/23/1998 09:05:37
On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:34:15 -0500 (EST)
 "Paul H. Anderson" <pha@pdq.com> wrote:

 > Nobody asked, but I assume that some folks need gcc 2.8 for the c++
 > compiler improvements.

FWIW, I'm planning on working on making egcs the standard NetBSD/alpha
compiler soon (within the next couple of weeks).  If someone wants to
play with egcs, please feel free to do so, and report to me any success
or problems you might have (I'm not actually going to have time to attack
it until at least the 2nd week of April, because I'll be at the IETF.)