Subject: Re: Keyboard support for DEC3000/300
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/22/1998 16:41:47
Excerpts from netbsd: 21-Mar-98 Re: Keyboard support for DE.. Jason
Thorpe@nas.nasa.go (808)

> (I'm hoping Matthias Drochner will get the New wscons code into the
> tree reasonably soon - it's much better than the old stuff.)

OK, so be it.
I've just imported the sys/dev/wscons directory, and will
add some device driver stuff later.
It's still a "work in progress", I'd expect some changes in:
-system interface (IOCTLs)
-keyboard mapping (device independant code by J. Hannken-Illjes)
-font handling
-X support
I've added a "screen" instance, representing a virtual tty on a
display, to cgd's code, but didn't add the "raster" operations for it.
So this must be made consistent again before eg TGA can be
used.

I'll be absent for most of next week (SysComms at Geneve,
anybody there?).

best regards
Matthias