Subject: Re: General alpha questions
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/23/1998 18:27:46
At 11:38 AM 2/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 22, 1998 at 09:04:32PM -0500, nm wrote:
>
>> hrm... didnt seem to help, i see that the other end of the cat5 thats in
the
>> hub doesnt make the hub light light up... and the light on the back of the
>> card doesnt come on either :(
>
>Out of curiosity, are you setting the media type of your card? It looks like
>it can support AUI *and* 10baseT, and it may well require software-based
>media selection. I'd give that a whack, if I were you. Also, if you seem to
>be doing everything correctly, then swapping new cables for ones that are
>known to work never hurts.
>
>Good luck!

yep, i got it going, i didnt use 10baseT/UTP because the install file
referenced
10baseT instead (no /UTP) anyway i got it going...
but i seems that the install file for alpha needs a lot of work, like it
ref's that the kernel is in /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3/alpha/binary/kernels
when its really in the sets directory...

also my system keeps booting to single user mode even though i changed the
thing in rc.conf to YES... is there a boot option i must supply to force
multiuser?

thanks
nick maniscalco