Subject: Re: booting, SRM usage and wscons
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/1998 14:22:41
> cgd was doing some stuff for wscons. A lot of us just use
> the serial port (since we're working mostly servers. We're
> all swamped with various stuff.

Uh, just to make thise clear: that's "was" in the long-past tense.  I
ceased doing _any_ alpha console hacking a long time ago, and handed
the code over to others so they could play with it if they wanted to a
while ago.

A bit of useful information which may help the person who originally
posted: the correct terminal type to use for the console is "sun" 8-)

If that's not already documented in the install notes, or something,
it should be.

cgd