Subject: Re: status of ncr 53c810 scsi adapter?
To: Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/19/1998 09:05:56
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:37:25 +0000
 Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.org> wrote:

 > What is the current status of the code for the 53c810? I keep seeing
 > references to how it is buggy, and that it occasionally doesn't work.

I have an AlphaPC 164 which boots off of an NCR 53c875, connected to
a Quantum Fireball.  It seems to be stable.

This isn't 53c810, obviously, but the driver is the same, and only a few
differences exist, as far as software is concerned.

 > Essentially, I am trying to get an estimate of the percentage of uptime
 > I would have with a UDB with said SCSI adapter :-)

The driver is a mess, but it does work fine with several peripherals.  I
think you'll be OK as long as you don't have an over-sensitive disk.