Subject: Re: autobooting 1.3
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/12/1998 23:18:56
> ncr0:0: ERROR (a0:0) (0-0-0) (8/13) @ (script 2c:80080000)
> ncr0: script cmd = 80080000
> ncr0: regdump: da 10 80 13 47 08 00 1f 35 08 80 af 80 00 07 02.
> ncr0: restart (fatal error).

Well, several private correspondants have let me know all about
the "infameous NCR SCSI driver".  Which leaves me with 7 multias
of dubious utility.  So, a few more quesitons:

1) What would be a reliable PCI SCSI card for the Multia?  Speed
is not an issue (if that's not obvious); price is.

2) Perchance while I wasn't looking did someone written a driver
for the IDE interface that's on the Multia's motherboard but not,
to the best of my knowledge, supported by any OS that runs on it?

3) Is someone working on a complete ground-zero rewrite of the
aforementioned NCR SCSI driver?

---Alex

Carl Alexander
             MIT:
xela@mit.edu      Course VI (sometime special student)    SIPB (prospective)
                  Mitgaard ("honorary mold")    MITSFS    LSC (night worker)
                  http://www.mit.edu/~xela
             Work:
carl@terc.edu     System Administrator & User Services Manager, TERC
                  http://www.terc.edu