Subject: Multia boot problem.
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/05/1998 01:02:36
Hi,

I just installed 1.3 on a Multia (using the install floppy) and
everything worked fine until attempting to reboot from the hard
drive (a Compaq OEM Seagate Barracuda, using the built-in NCR
controller).  I got the following:

*** Hard Error - Error #45 - PKE:

The rest was scrolled as I was writing it down by numerous other messages.

Is this enough information to be helpful?

Also, out of curiousity, while reading through the list archives, I
came across a disparaging comment about the Multia, to the effect
of don't buy one, don't take one even if it's free-- what's so bad
about them? :)

Thanks,

:: Mike ::