Subject: Begging for source of old Multia firmware (was Re: Non-booting Multia)
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
From: Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/04/1998 09:38:05
Doh.

Well, from your input and my experience, we know that:

* SRM 3.8-3 cannot be used for netbooting, period.

* SRM 3.7x cannot be used for netbooting without setnetbootinfo.
  Whether it works with a setnetbootinfo'd file is unknown.  If
  someone could hack one for me, I can test this.

* BOOTP + TFTP seems to work fine ... it is when the netboot code
  is executed that it goes south.  This being the case, I don't
  understand how MOP would help.

Any other experiences out there?

I have yet to turn up anything useful on recent archives.  The
archives are kind of a pain to search.  Does someone perhaps have a
web page that can search all of the archives, or do I have to just
download them all and use grep?

Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>