Subject: Re: ftp-able old Multia SRM firmware available
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/20/1998 22:04:42
On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> I finally managed to obtain an earlier SRM console firmware for the Multia.
>
> Unfortunately(??) not the V3.8-2 but V3.7-628. At least that is
> what 'strings' tells me. Note that it is a .sys file, I think this means
> it is intended for network-bashed ROM flashing. It was taken from the
> Multia V3.0 master CDROM. So, it is a normal released version that people
> had on their Multias.

I couldn't get the upgrade to netboot. At least with DECaxp33 firmware, the
.EXE version seems to needed.

I just now installed V3.7-628 by chopping off the first 512 bytes, writing
the file to a FAT12 floppy as SRM.EXE, and running 'blast' at the SRM
prompt.

> It can be found on ftp://www.tcja.nl/pub/srmV3.7-628.sys.gz
>
> I sincerely hopes this one does bootp correctly, I've given up
> on obtaining V3.8-2
>
> Please post any results.

No success with netbooting here. It does run disk-based like with V3.8-3
(including the bogus PCI devices).

--
Soren