Subject: Re: INSTALL.alpha document available!
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1997 09:50:31
On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> >> boot from) or you'll have to set up an NFS server to boot from as
> >> described later in this document.
>
>    Make this BOOTP/TFTP/NFS server or is floppy-less, so network-only install
>    unsupported?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. A network-only install certainly
is supported.

> >> In the BOOTP section adding the following example might be useful to people
> using ISC dhcpd...

I've added this example.

> >> Information on how to set up the ewa* console variables might be useful.
> >> A console setup for MOP boot can keep you in suspense.

I've just changed the boot line to `boot -proto bootp ewa0'.

> Question: are the fpa/fea (fddi) interfaces also present in the menu?

Yes, they should be. They are in the kernel; the menu just lists
off interfaces that ifconfig tells it about.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates