Subject: INSTALL.alpha document available!
To: NetBSD/Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/23/1997 01:49:41
The first cut of the INSTALL document for the alpha port is on
ftp.netbsd.org in

    /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/alpha/INSTALL.alpha

I would *really* appreciate it if you folks out there could give
this document a going-over, and even do an install while following
it. Keep in mind this is probably going to generate the first
impression users are going to have of NetBSD in many cases. Obviously
at this point the install is still too complicated for folks who
don't already have some knowledge of Unix system administration,
but I'm hoping that those that do have familiarity with another
Unix won't have much trouble installing NetBSD with the aid of this
document.

Also, there is an `upgrade' script on the current floppy, but I've
not had a chance to test it out. If someone with a running system
wants to risk it, I'd appreciate feedback on that, to. Unless
someone tells me it works wonderfully, with the next version of
the floppy the `upgrade' option will not be offered on startup,
though you'll still be able to get it by typing `/upgrade' at a
shell prompt.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates