Subject: Stable Toolchain Available
To: NetBSD/Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/18/1997 09:40:04
I have just uploaded the compiled version of the "WORKING-alpha" toolchain
from our source tree. This is known to be pretty stable; I've been using
it for many months. It will be the official toolchain of the 1.3 release.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/toolchain-971105 contains
both the source and binary archives. You should untar it from your
root directory.  (It installs into usr/local, but there are a couple
of symlinks outside of that to keep things from breaking.)

(/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/alpha/binary/toolchain/toolchain.tar.gz
is a symbolic link to this.)

I'll be doing some more work on the install this week-end. (Work
and other pressures will not let me get to it before then.) I'm
still waiting for a reply back from core or the release engineers
as to what this means for the alpha 1.3 release.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates