Subject: RE: getting to the floppy on a Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/1997 13:43:31
> # I seem to remember reading somewhere in the Alpha WWW pages
> # that the floppy on the Multia is currently unsupported.  Is
> # this still true?  If so, does anybody any kind of specs on
> # it so that if somebody wanted to right a driver they could?
>
> Supposedly openbsd and linux support it.. Perhaps you could use that as a
> guide..

Yes, Redhat Linux supports the floppy on the Multia/UDB.  I was able to
write a MILO boot floppy, and boot the floppy from SRM.  This allows
me to dual boot my lab machine between NetBSD and Linux without having
to use the evil ARC.  (Production machine runs NetBSD 24x7, of course!)

If openbsd does support it, their driver is probably easier to port.

-Dave