Subject: Re: Re[2]: getting to the floppy on a Multia
To: Doug Eckert <doug_eckert_at_sb-gops@ccmail.dowjones.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/1997 09:57:54
On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Doug Eckert wrote:

>      I've been trying to boot from the floppy on my 166MHz Multia with no
>      success.  I go through all the ARC console menus to "Boot alternate
>      OS", and regardless of which one I choose, it tells me I need to
>      reboot the machine.  So I do.  It always comes up to the ARC console.
>
>      What am I doing wrong?

You need to switch to the SRM console. I think there's a menu option
kicking around in ARC that says something along the lines of `switch
to Digital Unix/VMS console.' Choose that, which should reboot you
into SRM, and then type `boot dva0' to boot the floppy.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates