Subject: Re: getting to the floppy on a Multia
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/14/1997 12:36:43
On Sat, 13 Dec 1997 18:49:48 -0500
 "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:

 > The problem, if I'm correct, is merely one of busifying the i386
 > floppy driver (someone correct me if I'm wrong...)

Been there, done that :-)

The problem is that the IDE and floppy controllers have port overlap.
The Alpha IDE driver is bus'ified.  So, if you use the floppy, either
the floppy or the IDE will chose to "not configure" because of resource
contention.

Also, you have to take the i386 NVRAM dependencies out of the driver.

The former is the harder problem.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935