Subject: Re: State of ALPHA alpha 1.3
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@ns.feral.com>
From: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/10/1997 14:05:39
   At the risk of annoying folks I'd have to say that NetBSD/alpha is
   as usable and as stable (actually, more so) than NetBSD/sparc. Yes,
   a lot of the fine points are missing, and yes there are some bugs
   here and there. Still, all in all, it's within shouting distance
   of NT/Alpha or Digital Unix.

I wonder if this means you think there is a working XFree86 for it now,
or something other than the TGA1-only server?  Moving folks off Linux,
which someone else held out as a goal, will take having a display driver
that works, I would think (I know it is true for me).  I watched NT on
a 21164, and it screams.  I would love for the picture you paint to be
true :).