Subject: Re: Boot Floppy Image Available
To: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@CS.Duke.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/08/1997 11:53:16
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Well, I've finally had time to play with it, and the problem appears
> to be isolated to the kernel on that floppy.  Neither the generic
> kernel from the last 1.3-ALPHA snapshot (NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA (GENERIC)
> #2: Sat Nov 15 17:04:50 PST 1997) nor a kernel built from this
> morning's source tarballs exhibits the problem.

Did you build a GENERIC or an INSTALL kernel from this morning's
source tarballs?

We've sometimes seen problems with kernels that don't have DIAGNOSTIC
or other options turned on. If the INSTALL kernel still fails, the
best thing to do is to start adding back the things in GENERIC but
not INSTALL, one by one, until we figure out which option it is
that causes things to break.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates