Subject: EGCS 1.0
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@bob.scl.ameslab.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/07/1997 01:52:44
Has anyone gotten this successfully compiled?  I have not been able to
integrate the necessary changes from the NetBSD gcc config files/etc.  Are
there any plans to get these changes integrated back into gcc and EGCS?

For those of you that do not know, take a look at www.cygnus.com/egcs.
We really need some decent fortran compilers, and this is the only one
that may be useable on NetBSD.  Without it, or something comparable, we
really have no choice but to run linux. :(

FWIW, the fortran code it produces is much faster than the gnu g77.  We
are seeing performance similar to that of a 180MHz O200 or a single node
on a Cray T3E-900. (using real code, with linux..)

Chris Csanady