Subject: Re: Netbsd on a AS4100 ?
To: Ajay Shekhawat <ajay@cedar.buffalo.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/24/1997 11:48:36
On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:29:09 -0500 (EST)
 Ajay Shekhawat <ajay@cedar.buffalo.edu> wrote:

 > 	We have an OpenVMS machine here (an AlphaServer 4100), which
 > is available to us to "play" around with once in a while.
 > I am thinking of installing NetBSD on it.
 > I know that the 4100 is not officially supported, but if someone Out There
 > has a kernel that we could try, I'd be grateful. I downloaded a kernel
 > from ftp.netbsd.org, but it stopped during the boot process, saying that
 > the architecture wasn't supported. I know this is a powerful hint, but
 > I've heard that people have ported NetBSD to a 8400, so I'm hoping there's
 > someone who has done some work on the 4100 too...

4100 isn't done yet... actually not really started.  But we (mjacob and I :-)
have docs on the system, and 3 machines, and a task order that says "do it".

Basically, it's a matter of letting the higher priority items finish up
so we can have time to work on it.

"Watch this space."

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935