Subject: Re: Boot Floppy Image Available
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/14/1997 00:02:16
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > You asked for it... Below is the log I got when booting my Multia box.
> > Note the data overruns (I clipped at lot of them for breveties sake)
> > and the crash after I typed 'halt':
>
> All of that looks like it's due to firmware problems, although the floppy
> disk read errors might also be due to a bad disk. I'm not sure what to
> do about this; suggestions anyone?

I use the same firmware version (interim) and I also get the floppy
timeouts (not just with this image). No unrecoverable errors.

I also get the single machine check spew at halt time. Before the fix for
this problem on all Alpha types, I got a great many of them when halting.

Same thing with the bogus PCI devices, although I use the workaround
described in PR kern/3984 (hint :-) to get rid of most of them.

--
Soren