Subject: Re: AlphaStation graphics board for NetBSD
To: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/13/1997 14:43:13
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Terry R. Friedrichsen wrote:

> I'm buying an AlphaStation 255/300 to run Dunix, VMS and NT...and NetBSD...
> I've read the hardware support Web page, but I just wanted to ask here if
> there is anything I should avoid in spec'ing this system.

If it runs DU, it should be ok running NetBSD.

> The Web page
> also says that the 53c810 SCSI driver is buggy - is that still the case?

Yes, but it's not serious, except for some really oddball drives.
I use the 53c810 in three or four production i386 servers, and on
both my Alphas at home (one of which is my NFS server and router
for my home).

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates