Subject: Re: subtle breakage
To: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/12/1997 21:15:25
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Mark H. Levine wrote:

> I always thought of /usr/local as a place to put site specific packages.

It is.

> Is this shift because we're using binutils and those are "foreign" to NetBSD?
> If not, what's the philosophy here?  It would help to know....

The alpha port does not use the NetBSD toolchain. It uses a separate
toolchain which is not part of the release (though I shall have a
stable toolchain snapshot available at the same time as the release is).

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates