Subject: Re: Availability NetBSD-1.3
To: Albert E. Leenders <ALeenders@User.DiVa.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/05/1997 23:59:48
On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Albert E. Leenders wrote:

> Can you tell me is a port of NetBSD is available for the DEC 2000 AXP
> system ("Jensen PC", EISA/ISA). Could'nt find if at your FTP site.
> Do you know if any other (free) UNIX port is available ?

Not yet. But a one of us is working on it, and another might start
in next month, if the equipment arrives. :-) You can expect to see
results early next year on this, and, if things go well, a fully
running system around the middle of next year.

I think that Linux may possibly run on the Jensen already, but
you'd have to ask a Linux gooroo about that.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates