Subject: Re: 1.3_ALPHA problems..
To: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@bob.scl.ameslab.gov>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/28/1997 22:43:19
On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 00:21:27 -0600
 Chris Csanady <ccsanady@bob.scl.ameslab.gov> wrote:

 > With the new snapshot, there appear to be some allignment traps
 > generated by the de driver.  These did not exist with the last
 > snapshot.  However, I can now halt the machine, so its not a bad
 > trade. ;)

It would REALLY help if you send the error messages... along with
dmesg output, etc.  I have 2 AlphaStations with "de" interfaces in
them, and they use the network a _lot_, and both work fine.

 > IDE disks still do not appear to work.

Again, more detailed messages.  I think Ross Harvey is using IDE disks on
his eb164s?  At least, he sent me a change that made them work for him.

 > And last, I am still unable to build a kernel.  With sources
 > supped today, the generic one will not build.  Also, with my
 > config file, I get the thousands of lines of errors as usual.
 > (my last mail)  What am I doing wrong here?  I assume that
 > this did work if someone actually got the snap to build..

Can you resend these?  That is totally bizarre... I mean, I built a kernel
just today...

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935