Subject: Re: Boot Floppy Available
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/21/1997 00:26:22
On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> We had this problem when we started out with i386 compressed boot
> floppies. It turned out we were reading sector at a time instead of
> track at a time -- dramatically altered performance because the thing
> ended up having to spin once for every sector :(

We'll, we'll see what I can do about that. I'm entirely dependent
on the console to read that stuff. Unfortunately, it's not huge on
my priority list, since it's not anything near a showstopper.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates