Subject: Re: installboot on snap-970921 causes memory fault
To: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@bob.scl.ameslab.gov>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/20/1997 14:55:37
> Also, a while ago CGD mentioned writing the support code for the lx
> chipset soon.  What is the status of this?

I was almost done writing support for the 21174/Pyxis and for one of
the systems that use it (the Miata/MX5/DEC Personal Workstation) at
about the time when it was decided that all of the code under my new
license should be backed out of the source tree ASAP.  (As noted
before, I wasn't notified before that was done, and was generally
treated badly during the incident.)

I threw away all of the code that i'd developed to that end.

I hear that there's some chance that 21174 docs may show up on the Doc
Page (which, BTW, Curt Sampson has been drafted to maintain) sometime
soon, which could help people write Pyxis support.  That wouldn't help
much for other machine-dependent details, however.

cgd