Subject: Re: Alpha build process..
To: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@bob.scl.ameslab.gov>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/19/1997 19:21:37
On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Chris Csanady wrote:

> Well for whatever reason, I hope builds aren't always this difficult..

Well, the tree is changing particularly rapidly at the moment, so
that makes things more difficult than usual, especially on the
Alpha.

> I have looked at build, but I still have not been able to get it to work.
> Just doing a "make DESTDIR=/wherever build" in /usr/src does not work.
>
> ===> share/man/man1
> ===> share/man/man1/man1.atari
> make: don't know how to make includes. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> What do I need to do to get around this?

Did you do a

    cd /usr/src/share/mk
    make install

first? If you're not using the latest makefiles, that can cause
problems.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates