Subject: Re: NetBSD on Jensen, restarting..
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/14/1997 16:15:15
At 06:49 PM 10/14/97 +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>As Ross Harvey wrote...
>>
>> Get the platform working with existing netboot code first. Only when
>> everything is working diskless should you screw around with a new driver.
>
>Maybe I'm missing your point: this would mean that I need to get a DE422
>(that's what the Jensen has) driver working.
>
>I currently have D-Unix on the first disk, NetBSD 1.2 on the second.
>I can use D-Unix to drop test kernels, generated by the Multia, onto
>the Jensen's NetBSD disk.

Be very careful.

The filesystems used by NetBSD and DU are almost the same.

Almost.

A virgin install of DU is readable by NetBSD, but an install that has seen
some use wasn't readable by NetBSD.

I don't know exactly how this works.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/