Subject: Re: NetBSD on Jensen, restarting..
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/14/1997 11:55:13
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > What I'd recommend is that you install the latest snapshot on your
>
> Is that on ftp.netbsd.org (or prefarably on gatekeeper.dec.com, lot's
> faster for me inside DEC)?

You're lucky; gatekeeper seems to have a full mirror of
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD underneath /pub/BSD/NetBSD. The snapshot
would be under NetBSD/arch/alpha. I'll have a bootable disk which
will be a good start for an install available later today; keep an
eye on port-alpha.

> > Multia, and learn about sup and cvs. If you can get enough disk
> > space (you'll want an extra gig or so) you can regularly update a
>
> Hm, that should be possible. I work in Digital Storageengineering ;-)

Oh, well in that case you want 50 extra gig, and send 25 of them
to me. :-)

> > Yeah, it's a bit of a harsh climb. You'll probably find you get
> > most of your info regarding NetBSD from reading sources. If you
> > need hardware and whatnot info, you can get that from the documentation
> > Chris compiled and put up on our ftp server. I'd strongly recommend
> > going and reading through all of the stuff on the Alpha ports pages
> > on www.netbsd.org.
>
> Have done a bit already, and will continue to do so.

Right. I think I've got some Jensen docs kicking around; I'll try
to find them and put them up there as well. Again, keep an eye on
port-alpha for the notice about this.

> > Oh, and you probably want to order a copy of _The Alpha Architecture
> > Handbook_, from Digital Press. I got mine from www.clbooks.com.
>
> Do you have a DEC part# for that (should be on the book)? Can probably get
> it thru our internal channels.

The ISBN is 1-55558-145-5, and below that barcode there's this
number: EY-T132E-DP. I hope that's your part number.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates