Subject: NetBSD on Jensen, restarting..
To: port-alpha list NetBSD <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/13/1997 19:47:13
Hi there

It has been a bit silent around my plans to get Jensen to run NetBSD.
In the meantime I've decided to opt for a (hopefully) easier route to
crosscompiling under Digital Unix. I borrowed a Multia from the company
along with some 2 Gb SCSI disks and a StorageWorks pizzabox to stick 'm
into. (there is still some advantage in working for Digital 8-)

The Multia currently runs NetBSD-1.2 and I intend to use it as the
development environment. It has the 1.2 sourcekit loaded, I currently think
that this is the easiest as a stable starting point.

Having settled the build environment, I welcome people who have suggestions
to make on how to proceed. I've never done anything quite like this before,
so more experienced people are more than welcome, as are of course patches.

For now I think I first need to get a serial console to work, and then
probably the Adaptec 1742A driver so that I can get disks etc mounted.
Has anybody ever tried the ahb driver from i386 under alpha?

Wilko