Subject: Re: ARC Firmware?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/09/1997 23:53:13
>> So, what does Sun have to do with this? Has Sun gone to the toilet like
>> Digital "has" (I personally don't know about either)?
>
>  Pretty much, yes...Their last few products have flopped miserably,
>and their latest "flagship" operating system is something that
>*nobody* wants to run.

While I don't want to get into an extended discussion of Sun (especially
on port-alpha :-) ), I will say that while I used to think Solaris was
_complete_ shit, it has actually matured into an operating system that
I don't mind running.  Solaris 2.3 really should have been Solaris 2.0,
though.

--Ken