Subject: Re: a little off topic - vms
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Magnus Ahltorp <Magnus.Ahltorp@abc.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/09/1997 04:30:26
> Not necessarially. OpenVMS still has to support the machine, as
> well. I believe that OpenVMS does not support `noname' Alpha boards
> (the Multia and the AXPpci33).

I don't know anything about VMS on alphas, but I do know that on the
Multia that I have been playing with, you can choose "OpenVMS" or "Digital
Unix" in the ARC console. Would Digital make it an option to boot OpenVMS
on a machine that OpenVMS does not support?

I have not tried to boot OpenVMS on this machine, since I haven't been
able to fit in an external cdrom unit (no scsi connector), but I will try
it as soon as possible.

/Magnus
magnus@abc.se