Subject: Re: ARC Firmware?
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Tom Linden <tom@thirdmillenium.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/1997 20:55:03
	Is Digital fucked up or what?  I heard Palmer give a speech 3
	years ago at Decus in Washingtom DC, wherein he talked about their
	committment to open systems, spec 11-70 and all that crap.

	Did his minions not get the message?

	You can't subsidize software (i.e. Digital Unix) by jacking up
	hardware costs.  Digital could well take a lesson from IBM.