Subject: Re: ARC Firmware?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Tom Linden <tom@thirdmillenium.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/06/1997 14:06:40
	The problem with THAT palcode is that it doesn't fir into all
	machines.  I have an XL266.  The flash rom is 500KB.  To load
	the pal code that has both ARC and SRM you need 1 MB flash.
	Moreover, if you have the SRM console, booting netbsd is not
	a problem (I think).  You can get the info from Digital that
	will allow you to build a bootstrap loader, but it is subject
	to a non-disclosure agreement that precludes you from shipping
	source based on this info.  I don't know if the console debug
	monitor would help you reverse engineer this info, it might.

	You could get more info from David Rusling rusling@linux.reo.dec.com
	who wrote milo.