Subject: Re: ARC Firmware?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/04/1997 12:42:20
At 09:27 AM 10/4/97 -0700, Ted Lemon wrote:

>> 	Just currious.  There was some discussion a while back about booting
>> 	netbsd from the ARC console, possibly using milo.  Is anybody doing
>> 	anything in this area?
>
>I got pretty far along with it, but unfortunately had to stop due to
>lack of time.   It _is_ doable, I think, but it's not trivial.

I wonder is the NT5.0 will require any change to the ARC bios (to
support >4GB addresses) which would benefit NetSBD/alpha?  [ie.
ignore Milo and go directly to ARC.]
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Nashua, NH                Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message