Subject: New Untested Snapshot Available
To: NetBSD/Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/22/1997 22:33:01
I've just put up a new snapshot at

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/NetBSD/arch/alpha/snap-970921

This is currently untested, but it compiled without problems. I'll
be trying it out on my second alpha when I get that running in the
next few days. I always appreciate feedback on these, even if it's
just `this works ok for me on system X.'

Note that snapshots do not include toolchains; these are available
separately under arch/alpha. The toolchain is under /usr/local, of
course, so you're not going to wipe out any of it (except perhaps
symlinks in /usr/bin) when you install a new snapshot.

Note that ipf now compiles on the Alpha, which is quite hopeful.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'