Subject: include files
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/1997 16:10:59
At least in the 970801 snapshop, something funny is going on with
the include hierarchy:  one of our users included netdb.h, to use
the resolver functions like gethostbyaddr, and ended up including,
via param.h and machine/param.h the file machine/intr.h, which
includes code for doing kernel spl() calls -- not surprisingly,
these didn't work so well in an application, and he could not
compile because of the syntax used for _splraise (probably becuase
it is still K&R C, maybe for more reasons), which I see no need
to have in an application program that just wants to use the network
db libraries :).

Can we delete some of these includes or #ifdef them on KERNEL or
something?