Subject: Re: Alphastation 200 hardware question
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Dave Cherkus <cherkus@homerun.unimaster.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/27/1997 22:23:37
I also think firmware needs to change.  On many alphas the firmware
sets funny things like the number of clock ticks to wait for a cache
line reload, etc.  and these are dependent on clock rate.  If you go to
a cpu faster than the fastest supported one for that box you won't be
able to get appropriate firmware.

--
Dave Cherkus ------- UniMaster, Inc. ------ Contract Software Development
Specialties: UNIX Internals/Kernel TCP/IP Alpha Clusters Performance ISDN